The “Spent” Game Demonstrates Difficult Poverty Lessons
How would you do living on minimum wage?
“Spent” is an online game about surviving poverty and homelessness, created by McKinney, an advertising agency.
According to the site, “players must make the difficult decisions necessary to live for one month on $1,000, often having to choose between equally disagreeable options. Do you make a healthy meal or keep the lights on? Cover the minimum on your credit cards or pay the rent? Hope your sick daughter gets better on her own or risk your job by leaving early to take her to the doctor? Let your son play in the after-school sports league or save the money needed for his uniform?”
The game ends when players either run out of money before the end of the month or make it through with money left over.
Click here to see if you could make it though the month:
- 114 E 2nd Street Shelter Transitions to serve homeless families
- 1st Quarter 2016 – Newsletter
- 1st Quarter 2017 – Newsletter
- 2015 Bunny Hop Thanks & Results
- 2nd Annual Men’s Breakfast Scheduled For Aug. 6
- 2nd Quarter 2016 – Newsletter
- 3rd Quarter 2016 – Newsletter
- 4th Quarter 2016 – Newsletter
- Adopt-A-Family & Baskets of Hope Support Needed
- Beauty of the Soul 2015